The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The blog is going on vacation...

The editor and her family will be away in a magical place spending time together...in one of the "happiest places on earth"...that is warm...where there is no assigned homework for it's guests...to a place that does the dishes for you...where hubby will have a week off...where there will be no laundry to do...no bills to pay...and a break from the recent sadness of grieving...just 5 parks in 5 days...it will be a busy time, but joyful! See you all in a few days! Until then, enjoy your week and live fully today!
Mickey and friends will hopefully make an appearance!
And we hope to see our smiling faces here soon. We've never been to Disney in Florida, so we are prepared with maps, friends' recommendations, comfortable shoes and sunscreen! See you soon! I've been singing this song for a month now! M-I-C-K-E-Y... M..O..U..S..E :-)

P.S. The kids had another snow day today..we had a foot of snow at our place and enjoyed the day making snow angels and sledding!

(Thank you Comeau Family for a great dinner tonight! We had a wonderful time with you!)
Sledding is fun, even for mom who gets tired after a few runs!
The pond..not looking very inviting, but two mallard ducks have taken up residence!
I love the look of pine trees weighted down with snow!
Snow covered roof line...
Sunny and deceivingly cold (for us!) at 28 degrees...
Snow angels are great fun!
Lots and lots of snow after the blizzard yesterday!
The allure and novelty of shoveling snow has worn off...when there is this much snow, it is heavy, and I found it to be really hard work to shovel even a little patch like this!
The swing set is snowed in!

One day snow, the next day sun in Florida.

See you soon! :-)

22 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Have an awesome, well-deserved vacay!

P.S. Hey, I just read that you were once diagnosed with melanoma. I just had surgery today for the same thing. Yikes!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Have a fabulous time, Denise! I would give anything to meet you, but it looks like your time is going to be filled to capacity! I will be around so if you need me for anything, you have my cell phone (I think). If you don't and would like it, you can always email me! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

glitzen said...

Kiss Mickey for me! We are old friends. When i was five years old standing there at Disney watching the parade, he went by. My grandma was holding my hand, but I DRAGGED her and ran after Mickey! My family loves to tell that story.
Have a wonderful time...you so deserve it and I'm so happy for you!
Great snow pics too. I know, shoveling is just plain ole hard work. Ugh.

Emily said...

Have a great time Denise! We went in Jan. 08 and it was "a dream come true" vacation. Enjoy.

Lucy Marie said...

Have a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C time. You all really deserve some time away to forget everything and have fun! Disney is a place where your children will make memories they will have for the rest of your lives. Enjoy it! xoxo ... Can't wait to hear from you when you get back.

Unknown said...

have a magical time! I love WDW!

Unknown said...

The snow pictures are so pretty! So today in Sunny Florida it's going to be near 89!!! The temps are up and down lately, but I believe it's going to be nice all week.
Lucky me, I get to meet Denise this week!
Safe Travels.

It's Always Something Around Here said...

I know you will all have a great time! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Kat said...

Have a super fun, safe and relaxing vacation!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How wonderful to get out of the snow and into the sun. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy! Hugs,Marty

Taryn said...

Have so much fun!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Denise! I just saw your post on my blog as I'm just checking in! If you get a chance, email me at my blog, and I will try to see if I can get to Orlando and see you! I would love that! I'm a few hours from you (but I will be in Central Florida this week, and I'll only be an hour away from Orlando). I was supposed to be out of state, but that didn't work out. So, if there's any way, I will drive and meet you.

I just want you all to have a lovely, lovely time in Florida!

XO,

Sheila :-)

kari and kijsa said...

Have a great time off!!
What a great vacation!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

MiMi said...

You are going to have such a fun time! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to sunny FL!

ShutUpandRun said...

Hope you have the BEST time. WEre you able to get your hands on the book? Looking forward to seeing you when we both return..

Faith said...

Have SO much fun!!! Can't wait to see all the cute pics when you return. Enjoy each and every moment with your family =)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! Enjoy your break and being at the happiest place on Earth. I hope you get a tan before coming back to a white wonderland :)

Sue said...

Awww, that song... I love it! I will be wishing on many stars in hopes that you are enjoying the "happiest place on earth"!! You deserve such a fun vacation, and I'm sure with your energy, Mickey will show himself to you.... and maybe even a princess or two!

Enjoy and know you're in my thoughts!!

Hugs,
Sue

stefanie said...

Perfect timing! Have fun in the sun.

Traci said...

Have a FABULOUS time and enjoy the warm weather - it looks like you could use some! Can't wait to see pictures and read all about your adventure. (Ride Rockin' Roller Coaster for me!)

Kim said...

Seize the day! Have a blast and I know you will fill us all in when you get home! A treat to be somewhere warm AND the happiest place on earth. My thoughts and wishes are with you all week my dear friend.

LYLAS!

p.s. Tell Donald D. hi for me please :-)

Shannon said...

Have fun at Disney! I'll try not to be toooo jealous! :)