The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The little green chair that could...

Remember the $15 flea market wicker chair? It had a few missing wooden pieces here and there, and was in need of a makeover, like the blog!
Well, 2 cans of black spray paint and voila'....the little green chair is black and fits right into the green and black bedroom! Didn't she turn out nice?
Of course this leads to grander ideas...I'm going to stencil fluer de lis designs on the lamp shades and spray paint the base of the lamps black too!


But that's a project for another day; like tomorrow!

I read that every bedroom needs a chair, and so now we have one in our little guest room. I'm not very artistically talented, so spray paint is a good easy project for any of you who are also artistic-challenged! :-) The "real" painters wrapped up the main floor of the house yesterday, and so it will feel good to get everything put back together. Our kitchen valance hardware comes in on Thurs. so as soon as Tom has those hanging, I will show the final pictures! Enjoy your day, and until next time...find something to paint!

20 comments:

Faith said...

It looks great!! What a great statement piece now. Can't wait to see the lampshades =)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Denise, this turned out great!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melissa said...

Love the black...it looks so great!

Pineapple Princess said...

You are so talented! You could probably make a trash can look trendy and cool! :)

This and That said...

I liked it in green....
but I love it in black!
Don't you love what you can do with a can of spray paint?

Sofia Striffler said...

I love the chair it looks great in black. The lamps will be great too, I have a suggestion, raise them on the boxes so they are higher. It will look more proportionate. Love you

MiMi said...

WOW! What a major transformation! It looks great.

Can't wait to see what you tackle next!

Amanda Herrold said...

I'm impressed!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I think we have the same pillows...what a pretty room!
Love your blog..thanks for visiting so I could meet you.
sandy toe

Bethany G. said...

Love it! I spray paint pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Ahh, instant gratification in a can!

Unknown said...

awesome in black! I love it! It looks more elegant...

Sue said...

Oooo Denise, it looks great! It'll look good with the stencils as well. Every room needs a chair? IKES... does that include the folding chair in the corner? haha

You've done a wonderful on the house. Very impressive!

Hugs,
Sue

Linda said...

Perfect...I love it in black!

I need one just like it for my little room I'm redoing. I guess it's time to hit the goodwill!

Melissa said...

You are doing a great job on that room for you to not be very crafty! I don't believe it for a second. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for praying for my niece. She's doing much better and already growing like a little weed! :)
Stop by again! :)

Bryce, Suzanne, David & Toby Drummond said...

The chair looks great! I love what you have done with that room. I can't wait to see the finishing touches on the rest of the house!

Unknown said...

The black chair looks awesome! I'm so not handy like you clearly are, but you're giving me inspiration!

glitzen said...

Its very pretty! The whole room is darling. Lucky guests..they will feel so comfy and cozy!

Emily said...

Looks very nice!! I love it when I can find something super cheap and make it priceless to me :)

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I too have that little green chair! Mine is still green, I think it came from Pier One years ago. If I remember correctly I paid $30-40? Not sure. Looks great black!!

susan said...

I'm glad you went with the black. My dad used to say "how do you like them apples?". It made me smile.