The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Longmont Ladies Who Lunch...

Have I told you about our friend, "Lorri" from the blog "Terrible and Beautiful?" Lorri's husband works with Tom, and we all moved to Colorado at the same time in 2007 with the company's relocation.

Shortly after moving, Lorri was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. She has fought a courageous and uplifting battle with this disease, and is living every day to it's fullest.

By doing so, she encourages so many others to face disease and challenging life situations with optimism and hope.

Lorri is a Christian strong in her faith, and she moved me to tears several times yesterday when we met for lunch. You can read about our lunch date here and more about her story and treatment here.

Thank you Lorri for showing me that all any of us have is TODAY, and seeing your living proof of what living each day fully looks like, inspires me to a better person, a better mother, and a better wife.

Thank you for sharing that gift with me! I encourage you to stop by Lorri's blog; her humor, and uplifting spirit will surely encourage you when you may need it most! (If you or someone you love has experienced breast cancer, read this for a laugh...it's so Lorri!)
Be sure and leave her some "comment love" when you stop by! :-)

5 comments:

Sofia Striffler said...

She looks like a fun loving full of life person I wish her well and will keep her in my prayers. I also left her a note on her blog

glitzen said...

I have followed her journey, and I think I found YOU from her blog. I cannot remember...but I think so!
She has a wonderful way of sharing her life, thoughts, and compassion for others. Thanks Lorri!

Lorri said...

I see you used my glam shot! :) I went shopping today...now my place will be almost as cute as yours...you were right, REAL DEALS! Loved it!

Amanda said...

Hi Denise! Thanks for the comments on my blog! I'm so glad to have found yours now, too!

I'd love to make an outfit for your daughter. The sizes I currently have only go up to a 7 in the jeans and a 7/8 shirt (from The Children's Place.) I'll be at several of the stores where I get jeans later this week, though, if you want me to pick up a size 8 for her! Here's my email address

abcduggan at yahoo dot com

Kim said...

Glad you two ladies were able to share lunch and some time together sharing. I checked out her post on her blog too.