The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Do you like to cook?


I wish I could say I loved to cook.


I wish I could say that I loved to create delicious meals that my family raved about and ate seconds of everytime.


The reality though, is that I find cooking a chore, and I am trying to change my perspective.


Fortunately, there are great people like "Lucy" from "Lucy's Life" click here for her blog, that led me to Kimba from "My First Kitchen" click here for her blog, that do know how to cook, and have ways to help people like me get excited about preparing meals!


I have fallen into a sad pattern...I cook the same 5 or 6 things over and over again, but not anymore! I'm ready to branch out and get bold! If you need cooking ideas I would recommend checking out both of their blogs and entering Kimba's quick survey about your cooking habits.
Take the survery here.
She will enter you in her contest to win a set of spices from her business. Read above for more details, and let's get cooking!
(We're having company over tonight, so I will let you know how the food turns out! Keep your fingers crossed! :-)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't mind cooking when I have TIME..to prepare my mind, find a good recipe and then to actually cook! I will stink at presentation too! But I sure do like to eat! lol

Faith said...

I wish I could say I like to cook too, but I don't really enjoy it. Chad is a great cook and so is my mom. She has a recipe blog that has some great ideas on it http://mimismakingmeals.blogspot.com

Hope your dinner goes well tonight!

Lorri said...

Mrs. K...you are my feature on the blog today! I got some great photos of your darling house! Love u!

Sue said...

I enjoy cooking... but don't have a ton of new ideas that everyone will like. This one doesn't like chicken, that one doesn't like soups.... I feel like I'm a short order cook at times. haha

Thanks for the new links. Good luck in your cooking!!
Love ya!!

Kat said...

Hey Denise, you should try the "America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook" The recipes are fairly easy to execute and the results are amazing!!!

Darlene said...

Honestly I HATE to cook. I don't know why cause I LOVE to eat! I keep trying though and hopefully one day, I will enjoy it more than I dislike it. For whatever reason cooking seems hard to me. Especially all the recipes with the chopping and dicing and lots of ingredients. Mental block I think.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Marie said...

I'm glad you found the link. Thanks for the link to my blog .. I appreciate it. Have a blast with your company, I look forward to hearing about it.

Unknown said...

I love to cook, but hate to clean up. When I've been at a loss for new recipes I put my kids to work, looking through cookbooks and magazines, which are plentiful in our home.
As long as my husband will clean up the pots and pans, I keep cooking...LOL!

glitzen said...

Oh boy, you are I are like peas in a pod sometimes! I don't care for cooking AT ALL. It can ruin my whole day to step in the kitchen and face the question "What's for dinner?"
And to make it worse, dh LOVES food. He's almost obsessed with dinner time! And he eats four times a day instead of three. That fourth meal though, he's on his own with leftovers for that one!
I am going to check out those blogs. TFS! And have fun with your company tonight.

Mara said...

Thanks great bloog post