The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The easiest houseguest we've ever had!

He is perhaps the easiest houseguest we have ever entertained!

We are very fortunate in that all of our houseguests to date have been down to earth, gracious, and easy company; but this fellow is really easy!

He came with his own food and water.

He brought bedding and his own entertainment.

He is quiet and requires no special treatment.

He doesn't make any messes and he entertains my children for hours on end.

He will be with us for a week while his family is out of town and we couldn't be happier to have him!

I do fear that he may find our home to be less than hospitable, especially when several furry family members have been eyeballing him, intrigued with the possibility that he could be a fine supper!

Who is this houseguest who has taken up residence you ask? Here is his picture....

Announcing, the esteemed rotund rodent: "Sir Bear the Hamster!" Quite a handsome fellow with 4 legs, beady little eyes and cheeks full of seed!

Welcome to our humble abode Bear!


Now we just hope that we can return him in one piece, and that no Chihuahuas or kitty cats claim him for their dinner! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, and keep your fingers crossed that our sought after houseguest survives his visit! :-)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Lydia was in charge of the class guinea pig in the summer between 2nd and 3rd grades...the night before school was to start in the fall it died...it was awful...but the teacher was sort of relieved because she knew her new class was going to be a difficult one and didn't want to have to deal with a class pet!

Unknown said...

ahhh, have fun with the hamster. My girls pooled birthday money when they were about 10 and purchased, along with the habitat, JoJo the hamster......my husband kept saying no, and I let them. It's all my fault. She (we thing she was a she) got out twice, she was quite the sneaky and nimble rodent. Caitie was afraid to hold her, and Kevin and I wound up cleaning out the cage. After a year or less we donated her to a pet store,where she probably became snake food, but I was really at the end of my rope...LOL.
I personally believe one week is more than enough.............enjoy!

MiMi said...

I bet your kitties ARE eyeing that little guy and thinking he would make a yummy meal! Hope he survives his visit at your house!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a cutie! I had a hamster when I was little, and he was such a busy fellow in his wheel! Love yours!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Faith said...

Cute post! I hope he survives his weekend =)

the voice of melody said...

Very thoughtful of him to come over so well prepared!

Enjoy your houseguest! :)

Sue said...

Sir Bear the Hamster... you couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay for the week!

Enjoy yourselves! Have a fabulous weekend!

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Good luck with the extra guest!

Tyler Faires said...

You are such a good mom! I don't think I ever let my kids take a school pet home for the weekend. Especially a rodent. :-)

Trudi said...

New to your blog and love the look of it. Who designed it for you? It may be on it some where, but I did not notice it. Colorado is a beautiful state.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

glitzen said...

Oh he's so cute! I hope he survives and thrives... hee hee.
We are supposed to lamb-sit next week. My friend has a bottle-fed lamb and she has to go out of town. The girls are excited!

Anonymous said...

He looks really cute! Looking at Raspberry by the cage reminds me of how Blueberry is with the guinea pigs. She knows when Megan's door is open and sneaks in every time. I hope your houseguest didn't have any close calls. I hope you have a great week!

Sofia Striffler said...

Denise,

Thanks so much for doing the button for me. I don't know what my problem is. Great house guest. Talk to you later

Screaming Meme said...

Denise I read your comment to Lalena on the Project...I want you to know you have a great group of women over at the Project...and you have us to listen to you...especially me..:) Love meme