The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tablescape Thursday...


"Between Naps on the Porch" is hosting a weekly "Tablescape Thursday" event where ladies post photos of the creative tablescapes they have created. It's a great site to get some creative ideas on table settings. This is my first time participating. Here are a few photos from the dinner we hosted on Saturday evening.

I'm a beginner tablescaper...If I don't have napkin rings to match a particular theme I fold them and place each napkin in a wine glass...I have sturdy wine glasses that I put out for children...instead of wine, they get a fun mix of cranberry juice and 7-Up. :-)

Simple yet welcoming. Name placards are a must for me...this way I can stragetically place myself where it is easy to get out and easily refill drinks, etc...

I am not the best cook so I try to remember a saying that puts entertaining all in perspective..."It's not so important what is on the plates, but who is on the seats!"

Thanks for visiting my humble attempt at a "French Country" tablescape! In hindsight, a little escargot would have completed the evening! hee hee :-)

Happy Entertaining! With love from Colorado~

27 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Denise, this is just lovely! Great job on the tablescape. Love it all from the flowers to the placemats to those dishes!!! You did a fabulous job! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Katy said...

Denise... very lovely! Adore that little piggy you have! Thanks for sharing...wondeful tablescape! ~Katy

Lucy Marie said...

Wow, girl! That table is lovely. The place cards and flowers are so beautiful.

Domestic Designer said...

Your table looks great! Have a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

oh my your tablescape is beautiful, I am in love with your dishes and the quilted table mats, the flowers are so pretty and your cook book stand is lovely. I think you have a gift for this Denise, Happy Thursday. Kathy.

a quiet life said...

it looks wonderful, love th colors!

Sofia Striffler said...

Beautiful table Denise. Everything is lovely of course. I'll talk to you later. Love you

Marie said...

It's french country as far as I can tell...always luv that pig statue whenever I see it, and it looks good next to your recipe book stand!
-marie

The Raggedy Girl said...

I really loved your table scape and it seemed to match your blog. Sweet!

Have a Thankful Thursday
from the Raggedy Roberta Anne

Unknown said...

Everything looks DIVINE! Love it!

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great table. Love that bouquet of flowers!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Denise...this is wonderful! I love how your centerpiece looks with your china...and yes, very French Country to me! Beautiful! Susan

Decor To Adore said...

What a cute tablescape!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful table! Love the flowers...and the dishes!

Kim said...

As usual you have outdone yourself. You have got it going on girlfriend!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Lovely setting for your guests. Any food you served would be scrumptious on those gorgeous red plates! Lovely all around...Cass

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Lovely. I like everything about it from the placemats, dishes to all the gorgeous items you selected as the accessory pieces. So well done and inviting. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love it!!! Great tablescape.

Sue said...

Girl, you are amazing! What a beautiful tablescape. I can't say that I've gotten past the paper plates. haha You are truly incredible! And I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time!

Love,
Sue

glitzen said...

OH its all in the details, Girl! Lovely in every way. Just beautiful, and classy, and welcoming. I bet your guests were absolutely charmed.

Traci said...

i'm so glad i found you-thanks faith! you are just the cutest...love the red heels by the way! the table is gorgeous... would've loved to have been there.
your home is beautiful too. i have a stepsister who lives in littleton but that's my only connection to co. that is until your blog! jeanette is my friend too and yes, her bows are precious. in fact, we meet this week with another friend (who makes jewelry for her adoption from china)about starting a ministry in our church for adoptive families and orphans. put us on your prayer list, there's a lot of work involved...
hope you have a super fun weekend!

MiMi said...

I want to come to YOUR house! You would never know that you are a beginner! I love it! And I love what you said about,"It's not so important what is on the plates, but who is on the seats!" So true!

Oh, and I LOVE cranberry juice mixed with 7-Up!

Have a great weekend, Denise!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I love that it's "who is on the seats" that matters! Your table looked great!

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, I love that. the red and yellow is so lovely together, and I love your plates. very charming!

just wanted to let you know my blog has moved to www.mychihuahuabitesblog.com.

the voice of melody said...

What a beautiful table! Those are gorgeous flowers, what a burst of joy they bring out! :)

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Hey Denise, You are a woman after my own heart! I have your pigs twin and my entire kitchen is red and roosters. I knew I liked you!

Amanda said...

Beautiful tablescape Denise! Love it!

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the outfit for your daughter! My baby and I have both been sick and I haven't been able to go get anymore jeans this week. I can still get some, though. And you know what? Those ribbon jeans are PERFECT for little girls with short legs (like my daughter) because I just chop the jeans off to the desired length and then add the ribbbons. I would still love to make an outfit for your daughter if you want. Just let me know - here's my email address.

abcduggan at yahoo dot com