The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, March 26, 2009

It snowed in my kitchen today...

It really did snow in my kitchen today, and it got worse before it got better! :-) I walked in and saw all this on the floor...


As I started to clean up, the blizzard that had been predicted hit, and snow was swirling all around the floor! I called the kids in and we had 3 beach towels lining the floor and still at one point the snow lined up from the floor above the towels! I think I need to speak to my husband about weather stripping! hee hee
This is what a blizzard looks like from the window. The shadow in the background is our neighbor's house! The weather forecast calls for 12-24 in. of snow by morning. It sure doesn't look like spring here!


Snow drifts outside the front door...and a grey cold day...we Californians are loving it!
And lastly...what good is a snow day without a little sledding down the hill? Mom was too cold to venture further out, but I hear the slopes were fast today! :-)
These are the happy children that had their first snow day! What a thrill to find out first thing this morning that school was cancelled! Tom got to come home early from work and the guitar teacher called saying the shop was closing for the rest of the day...no lessons, no homework, no leaving the house, no more hubby's work, just blissful time spent in front of a fire...

Happiness is...SNOW! :-)

P.S. Anita over at "A wife, a woman, a mom" is giving away several great books called, "The Middle Place" written by Kelly Corrigan. A friend had e-mailed me a neat You Tube segment on this woman, and today I learned from Anita that she has written a book about her diagnosis with breast cancer, caring for aging parents, raising children, and how girlfriends support one another through these experiences. Link here to read Anita's inspirational post and enter yourself in the drawing. She's a great gal, and I am lucky enough to get to meet her next week...all the way in Florida! Story to come!

23 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my! When I started reading I thought the snow was going to be a joke! Wow, a spring blizzard, amazing. Hard to imagine when you live in CA your whole life. So glad you all get a fun day together! What a lovely surprise! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I so remember these days when we lived in Oregon. I love to look at the snow, but being out in it is only fun for the children. I hope they enjoy. Hugs, Marty

Amanda Herrold said...

That is absolutely beautiful! It is supposed to snow in Tulsa on Saturday. They aren't happy about it, but I think one last hurrah would be pretty fun! Enjoy God's beautiful creation!

Sue said...

WOW! Hope you are all tucked safe and warm inside now... maybe with a cup of hot cocoa. It's so funny, since it's in the 70s here today. Seems impossible that it could be a blizzard out there.

Take good care!!
Hugs,
Sue

Lucy Marie said...

Wow! Look at all that snow. I am SO glad that winter is all finished where we are (at least, I sure hope it is).

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can't believe you have snow, Denise! That blows my mind! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Wow those pictures speak a thousand words! I can't imagine a snow day in late March.........how fun that the kids enjoyed it and you seem to just go with the flow too. Good job!
Thanks for the shout out on my give away...........I really appreciate it......and I can't wait til next week!

ShutUpandRun said...

The Middle Place is one of my favorite books. You should read it. Yes, it is a blizzard around here. I think tomorrow just might be another SD.

Faith said...

Oh, how beautiful! It look so cold, but also like so much fun. Glad y'all enjoyed a fun family day =)

Sofia Striffler said...

Well I am a little jealous of the snow. I was gardening and sitting in the sun with the girls and you had a snow day. I used to clean my closets on the snow days and make lots of hot chocolate. I am glad you got to enjoy the day!

Taryn said...

Oh dear! In the kitchen!? I am glad you enjoyed the snow as much as we did. I do love snow days.

Emily said...

Wow. That is a lot of snow! We didn't get any snow days this year. We're in a winter storm watch tonight, so maybe it will still happen :)

Come by my blog to get your awards!

ParisPink said...

It is still snowing here!

Kim said...

It was in the 70's here today so I cannot even imagine a snowstorm happening. The kids looked overjoyed which is awesome! Hope your power stays on!

ParisPink said...

And I left something for you on my blog!

glitzen said...

There is NOTHING like a snow day!!! I still rememember the thrill when I was a small child. And, even in our homeschool, we have snow days. If its a lovely snow, great "snowman" drifts, then I cancel school and let the children run and play. Its the best childhood has to offer!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Wow! You weren't kidding about that blizzard! This Texas girl wouldn't know what to do with all that snow.

Darlene said...

The children look like they were having a BLAST! I can't even imagine living where it snows that much....fun!

To answer your question Enid is not real close, probably a 4 hour drive (not positive). Enid is up more North and we are down South. Enid is probably getting some snow today. They are predicting certain areas may get record snowfalls today. We just might get a dusting....we will see....

L said...

I love it! I'm 'stuck' in Denver. Flight out was cancelled yesterday. I miss my family but God has worked in all of this and I had dinner last night with a lovely family that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to spend time with had it not snowed.

God is so good.

Kim said...

Hey, I just read this post again. Florida??? Can't wait to hear the story.

LYLAS-

MiMi said...

I have been thinking about you as I have been following the weather in Colorado. Unbelievable! I love to LOOK at the snow, but I am not a big fan of the cold weather. (-:

I can't wait to hear more about you meeting Anita next week. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Florida. Stay warm and dry in the meantime!

Cheryl said...

Goodness I seen on the news about snow in your area and a few other parts it is just hard to imagine snow here but not impossible. Stay safe and warm. Snow is beautiful to look at.

Linda said...

The snow is beautiful but boy oh boy am I glad I'm not living in it. I'm so sick of the cold weather. Lucky for us though, we're enjoying Spring here in CA.