The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grandma Lorraine Update~ Nov. 12th


~Gayle, my mom, and Annette~

Yesterday my mom's best friend Annette invited my mom and her caregiver Gayle over for an afternoon of lunch and "games!" Annette made chicken noodle soup and fresh baked bread which she served with fresh pomegranate jelly she made herself over the weekend! Annette and Gayle played the Wii while my mom watched. They skied, played tennis, boxed, "shot" chickens on the game system...and more! hee hee They had a great time and since the weather was cloudy and dreary, it was a nice day to stay indoors.

Today the Hospice nurse called, and allowed me to ask all the questions I've been concerned about, and he put my mind at ease for the time being. Both the nurses have been so kind, and are very supportive about my mom getting out for a drive or visits when she is able. It is so important to keep living, and living fully for as long as possible!

Thank you Annette and Gayle for making that happen! You are both appreciated more than you will ever know!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

All this time I thought Wii was for kids!

Sue said...

Very cool.. on all accounts. I'm glad that your mom is living her life, and that she has wonderful nurses/friends to spend the time with. Sounds like a FABULOUS day!!

Hugs to you all!!