The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Creative Pumpkins!

Each year Ashlyn's school does a pumpkin decorating contest. I only had time to take pictures of a few this year, but I was sure impressed by how clever people are! I thought you might like to see some of the creations!

A "mummy" pumpkin painted black...

Ugh...too much fun on Halloween night!

Doesn't this "sesame seed bun" look tastey?

What a fancy "lady!"

Turtle time...so clever!

Since we were new last year and weren't sure what to expect, we didn't participate. This looks so fun though, that we definitely want to take part next year. I think we need to just start planning now!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are so GREAT! How do people become that creative?

I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog about my dad. You are such a gracious, classy person. I know yesterday had to have been hard for you and it really impressed me that you commented on my Dad's birthday. I did give him an extra hug...thanks for reminding me not to take him for granted!

Sue said...

Awesome pix! We had a hamburger pumpkin at our school as well. VERY creative pumpkins!!

Thanks for sharing!

glitzen said...

wow, I love the turtle one! All of them are so creative and fun! i never thought of all the ways you could decorate them.
Cool!