The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Dentist, the Tooth Fairy, and a Pretty Porcelain Tooth

Ashlyn lost a tini tooth right next to a big front tooth.

I love a toothless grin!

Ashlyn practices being a dentist to her stuffed kitty...later in the day I visit the real dentist and came home with a sore mouth, two fillings, and a shiny new tooth!

Today, I got a pretty new porcelain tooth. It was quite an event. My mouth was open for two hours while drilling, grinding, sanding, smoothing, and shaping were all occuring in a very small place at the back of my mouth. The anesthesia didn't work right, and I ended up with uncomfortable shaking, a racing heart, and squirming until the poor dentist said it was inevitable that I would need more medicine. Afterwards I had to run some errands which I should have postponed... droppy lips are quite a sight!

Ashlyn on the other hand lost her pearly white the easy way...while eating popcorn! Fortunately this one didn't get swallowed like some did a few months ago! She can't wait to see what the Tooth Fairy will bring tonight! I miss those days of easy dentistry. I wish the Tooth Fairy would visit me too and grant me a nice healthy mouth!

Speaking of mouths, mine loves sweets, which probably contributed to the problem above! Our "Favorite Candy" poll closed yesterday, and we sure enjoyed seeing all the favorites! My apologies to the Snicker lovers. (I can't believe I forgot that one!) Of the candies listed, M&M's came in first place for most beloved candy, and Butterfinger and Mounds tied for second! I love those three candies, but actually, I really love everything on the list. Just don't tell my dentist! :-)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you had such a time a the dentist. Hope your droopy lips are back to normal by now. :-)
Oooo, I love toothless grins as well, there's nothing like them! Way to be even cuter Ashlyn!!!

Have a wonderful evening....

Melissa said...

Snickers are my favorite too! Cute pictures of Ashlyn. It is so fun when they lose those teeth and the Tooth Fairy comes. Another great memory! Hope your mouth feels better...get some rest and take some Advil!

Kim said...

Oh, I have my share of crowns as well. At least 3 or 4. Sorry it was so traumatic for you. Unfortunately that is what happens at the dentist.

I hope Ashlyn makes bank from the tooth fairy. When Tyler was little he told someone who said "your mom is the tooth fairy", "it is NOT, my mom doesn't have that kind of money!"

glitzen said...

Ow! I hate those rubber lips too. Do you remember when Bill Cosby had this whole comedy routine about going to the dentist? The dentist kept talking and asking him questions, when he could not talk at all. It was so funny.
Those pics of your girl are adorable!
Have a better day tomorrow. One with no shots...owie.

stefanie said...

Had to laugh when I read this...I just broke my only crown yesterday. Chewing a dumdum pop leftover from Halloween. Droopy lips, here I come.