The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, August 1, 2008

Thank you Annette!



You may remember me mentioning that I am a big "Susan Branch" fan...I have all her books and love her recipes, illustrations, and quotes. Well, my mom's friend Annette, that you have also heard a lot about, got to visit the actual Susan Branch Store in the San Luis Obispo area! She sent me these adorable tea cups with an original Susan design. Aren't they just as cute as can be!?!

I have quite a tea cup collection, starting with tea cups from my grandmothers, to gifts, and antique store finds. I just love a tea party, and am feeling the urge to throw another where we can enjoy the sentiment on the cup that says, "Stay is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary!" I just love tea cups and clocks, and believe you can never have too many of either! Thanks Annette for thinking of me, and I hope you will come and enjoy a cup of tea with me! Ü

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,
I totally get what you are talking about when you say "homesick." After moving here 16 years ago, it took me a very long time to feel at home. I also found it takes a while to establish solid and true female friendships, and this was something that I longed for so much. It does happen; it just takes time. Enjoy CA and feeling truly at home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the above post is from Beth R.

Kim said...

What a fun surprise in the mail! My mom loves Susan B. as well. I never knew about the great store in San Luis. I've never been to that city but now I know if I do go I will want to visit that store.

Did you know I have a teacup collection as well?