The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Sunday, August 10, 2008

California Friends!

When we were back visiting in our hometown, we had the chance to see many friends; some dating as far back as elementary school! A few are pictured below, and for several we didn't have our camera with us, or missed the opportunity to take a photo! Thanks Jim, Warren, Troi, Wileys, Pitres, and Kim L. for getting together over our visit! (I so appreciated your warm hospitality Kim...and the wine-a-ritas were delicious!) Our first visitors were Judy and Sofia! They drove 3 hours from Dublin to visit us bearing gifts and homemade cookies! This photo is taken in my mom's gorgeous backyard. Grandma Lorraine is doing great, and I will be saving a nice long post to fill you in on her 6 month cancer free remission!
Kim Faires lives in Redding and treated me to a delicious lunch at the "Rivers Restaurant" located right on the beautiful Sacramento River.
Kim is one of those special friends that I can never get enough of! She is a rarity as she would do anything for her friends, and is one of those people who listens, truly listens, and gives you her complete attention when you visit with her. She isn't anxious to jump in with her story, but instead wants to know, hear, and understand the things that are on your heart. She is a true friend indeed! This is my oldest friend from Red Bluff named Bob Stone that we ran into at church on Sunday! Bob and I spent years of summers together in elementary school; swimming, talking, and playing day after long summer day. His parents both recently passed away, and we found ourselves 30 years later facing similar issues. Thanks Bob for taking the time to visit with us, and for always offering your time, help, and friendship!

Thanks everyone for taking time out of your busy days to reconnect with us! We have missed you all dearly!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Another great post today! Thanks for the kind words. You rate in my top 10 too! I feel very blessed to have your friendship.
How nice to see your friend Bob too. I have a friend like that named Mark and it is just comforting to remember the great childhood memories.

*I am enjoying your music choices on your blog as well. Once again similar tastes as I love every selection I have heard.

Anonymous said...

I am bummed to have missed the chance to see the Kofford family. It seems like you were very busy. I am so glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit. I still love reading about the happenings of the Koffords!!