The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Smiles!

I spoke with my mom tonight and was encouraged to hear how good her voice sounded. Her two friends Annette and Sherry were in the hospital room with her, and I could hear how happy she was to have them there. She has also been able to eat this evening, and was feeling pretty good! Hooray! I just wanted to leave you with that bit of good news, since in my earlier post I had been quite worried about her. I will keep you posted as to tomorrow's test results as well.

Tonight we are off to a birthday party, and then to bed early for Ashlyn's first day of school tomorrow! She wanted to take the school bus, (It's a social gathering I have found!) but have me meet her at school to see her classroom, and meet her teacher. Tom will go into work late to be a part of all the activity, and Kyle will take advantage of sleeping in one last time before his first day on Tuesday!

By the way, what do you think of the new blog makeover? If you hadn't noticed, apples are my thing...several stories go along with why that is! Just a coincidence, but I bet you didn't know I was born on Johnny Appleseed's birthday! Just a litte bit of trivia for you fellow autumn/apples/back-to-school lovers! hee hee

Thank you again for your kind posts regarding my mom...I will share them with her and I know they will keep her spirits high tomorrow as she awaits the next round of tests. Your friendship means so much to us both!!! Thank you! Ü

1 comment:

Kim said...

What great new! Thanks for relaying the update!!
Hope Ashlyn has a terrific first day tomorrow!