The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, August 22, 2008

Snakes, School, and Trees

Ashlyn ready to catch the bus...
The poor broken tree...another major limb had broken when we were in CA a few weeks ago. This is the 3rd big branch to go.


Well, it is the last day, of the first week of school! Ashlyn was cheerfully off to school this morning, and Kyle is lucky enough to get out of school early to attend a special 7th Grade school sponsored swim event.

Our one good shade tree was damaged by the high winds we had the other day and the kids are so disappointed. It was a perfectly calm day, but for 15 min. the wind blew hard and this is what we were left with. It reminds us of the last high wind when our trampoline blew away!

We have had a visitor to one of our basement windows the other day. A snake had woven himself in and out of the screen, and is now trapped inbetween the window and screen. The screen faces outside, so I am afraid to open the window to get him out...if I scream he will slither into the house! Yikes!

I'll be off for California this weekend and will let you know how things are going with my mom, appointments, and where we go from here. Thanks again to everyone who has offered to help! We SO appreciate your kindness!

P.S. Red Bluff friends, let me know if the light blue background and black lettering is easier for my mom to read. I can easily find a combination that is best.The tree from the garage view.
Our "sneaky snake", Hmmm..how to rescue him?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,

WOW!!! What a week you are having. The photo of the snake in your window gave me goosebumps! Ashlyn looks very cool with her Hannah Montana bag. You know who is also excited about wearing her Hannah Montana backpack on Monday!!! Stay strong! Love and hugs...

ShutUpandRun said...

Denise,good luck on your trip. I sure will be thiking about you and your mom.

Beth

Kim said...

If I saw a snake inbetween the window and the screen I would scream till you could hear me in Colorado and I would be in California! They just freak me out so much. Looks like you were cool, calm and collected. At least enough that you went and got a picture of the slithery little thing. Is it still there?

Denise K. said...

Well, unfortuantely the snake is still there! I'm not sure how to get him out without him getting into the house...Tom is very ANTI- snakes so we will need to go to a Plan B as my hope that he would coil around the broom handle did not work!