The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just checking in...

Hello friends!

I noticed that we had more "hits" on our blog today than usual, so I am assuming it is all of my mom's wonderful friends in CA checking in to see how she is! Thank you Sheri, and Antelope School, (where my used to teach 2nd grade!) for your support and kind e-mail! I spoke with my mom today, and she is doing OK. Her oncologist is going to have her start back up on, "Decadron" which is a medication used to lessen the swelling around the brain. This medication will ease her discomfort and help in the coming days ahead. She is still getting around the house, and doing a few more "laps" with her walker around her circular drive and fountain. She is going to head out for an outing with, "Gayle" her caregiver this afternoon. Another friend is visiting right now, and last night she and her evening caregiver sat and did scrapbooking together!

You know, all any of us can do, is what my mom is doing now...making the best of each day. There is no need getting upset or fretting about the future...what happens will happen, and we will deal with it day by day. Each day my mom is noticing that her thought process is changing, and making decisions is becoming much more dififcult. I believe that the tumor is accountable for that. We'll find out more on Monday's oncologist appointment. Until then, we wish my mom pleasure and happiness in each day, in the smallest of moments.

No comments: