The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, August 22, 2008

A Hibiscus for you Mom!




For anyone who didn't know, my mom was born and raised on the island of Maui! She is a "real" island girl! Thanks to her, I know how to hula, and was lucky enough to spend every summer of my childhood years on Maui! Today, when I went to drop off Ashlyn at her friend's house for a play date, this HUGE hibiscus was growing at the neighbor's place! It was incredible! I have NEVER seen a hibiscus this size...it was as big as Ashlyn's head! (I also never knew that they could grow in Colorado! We're home of the aspens, not tropical flowers! Or so I thought!) :-) So, Mom, I had to post these photos as I knew you, of all people, would truly appreciate their magnificence! Ü

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a gorgeous flower and what a blessing to see it and have such lovely memories of those island days you shared in your childhood. God sends us reminders of His love and joy for us every day!
The gifts of God's creation are around us every day!