The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School in 2nd Grade


Whew...we have one of these rare windows where the computer is allowing me to work on line. I must hurry before it boots me off! :-/ Good news of the day, is that my mom is home! She is still feeling a lot of confusion and has that same sense of a loss for words, etc...as she did right before she was diagnosed here in CO. This is all very troublesome, and worries me, but hopefully her appointment with the neurologist this week will provide some answers. Until then, she is home and resting well!

Other news of the day is that Ashlyn was very happy with her teacher, and her first day of 2nd grade! It's a long day for her as she doesn't get home until 4 p.m. (School dismisses at 3:35 p.m. here. What a change from our previous 2:05 release in CA!) She ran off the bus saying, "I love my teacher, I love 2nd grade, I love my life Mom!" :-) The morning started off with a few wardrobe malfunctions, and a few tears, "This day is supposed to be perfect Mom...help me fix this skirt!" We got the outfit all figured out (the skirt didn't make the cut) and here she is off to school!
Check out the fancy rhinestone shoes and beaded socks...Ashlyn knows what she likes! (Even if that means combining crocs with socks!) :-)
Ashlyn and Daddy Ü
Ashlyn with Mommy Ü
Ashlyn with our outstanding bus driver Dan! This driver is fantastic! I'll save more about Dan for another time as his story is a good one!
After the bus picked up Ashlyn, we hopped in our cars and as Tom drove to work, I stopped at school to capture a few moments!
What a fun year in 2nd grade it will be!

7 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

First of all my prayers are with you and your mother.

Second of all, COOL, second grade! My son just started 2nd also and is loving it. A few bumps because of his diagnosis, but great none the less

Blog Stalker said...

to answer your comment, My son had severe lung and airway issues because he was very premature. He has since had most of that put behind him. still scary though. He now has been diagnosed with ADHD and it has progressively gotten worse. We are working through it with the docs though.

Kim said...

Hey Denise-
Ashlyn is beautiful and loved the crocs and socks especially! I love that she loves school so much. Maybe a future teacher in the making

Lorri said...

Cutie! Love the shoes!

Denise, if you need computer time, drop by here! I'm home today as Livi is SICK...already! She came home from the first day with a fever! UGh@

ShutUpandRun said...

Hi Denise. Ashlyn's comments about school are incredibly sweet! What hit me the most was that she said "I love my life." Now THAT is amazing and shows how lucky she is to have the family that she has. Give the best to your mom...

Beth

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that your mom is able to be at home and is resting comfortably! We will continue to pray for her!

We loved the second grade pictures! It is wonderful that Ashlyn is so....Happy with her teacher and class! We hope she has a fabulous school year! Megan is looking forward to starting her first day as a second grader on Monday. I hope she comes home just as excited as Ashlyn. Looking forward to hearing about Kyle's first day today! We wish him a great year too!

Take care and enjoy your week!

Love,
Charlene

Melissa said...

What a sweet girl! I adore that love of life that kids express, wish it was easier to hold onto as an adult!

Your new background is SO cute!
Melissa