The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Horses at Briar Gate Farm


Meet my new 1200 lb. friends...Belle, Chummie, and Amigo. I have riden both Belle and Chummie during my riding lessons. Chummie, is the white Dutch Warmblood, and he has been a patient teacher while I learn to trot and post, and just today, even a little "jumping" over ground poles! You can check out all the neat horses at Briar Gate Farm, and even see some pictures of Ashlyn at Saddle Club! The website is: http://www.briargatefarm.com/. Click on the Saddle Club link and you can see Ashlyn grooming Chummie, and doing crafts in the barn. Briar Gate Farm has been one of my favorite "Longmont Luxuries" since our move! If you come for a visit, I will be sure and arrange for you to have a lesson too!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi and welcome to Longmont :) It looks like you're enjoying it so far! Though I must say, that Raiders pennant in the picture with the snowman has got to go! haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Kofford this is Patrick Riehle. I just found out you guys moved out to Colorado. I'm at Regis University down in Denver and just saw the Crnkovich's tonight! Anyways just wanted to drop by and say hi and if you guys are down in Denver you should come by Regis!

Denise K. said...

Thanks so much Patrick for your comment! Can you send me your e-mail so I know how to reach you? We would love to see you! :-)

Anonymous said...

My email address is pdriehle@comcast.net. I'm pretty sure my mom gave you my phone number, but here it is again just in case 303-829-9388! I hope to see you guys when I am back out there in three weeks and have a Merry Christmas!