The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Colorado
















Merry Christmas! We hope you are all enjoying a wonderful day! Santa made his arrival this morning, and the kids were thrilled with their gifts, especially those that Grandma Lorraine insisted on helping Santa with! Kyle got the guitar of his dreams, and Ashlyn loved her "Butterscotch Pony" that she had been talking about for months! Thank you Santa, and thank you Grandma! This morning my mom had a procedure done to drain some of the fluid around her heart, and it was successful. Certainly not the kind of thing you want to have done on Christmas, but the cardiologist called this morning and said it really couldn't wait. Thankfully, she is recovering well in ICU, and we can bring her Christmas dinner to her tonight. She is still scheduled to have her neurosurgery tomorrow a.m. if the surgeon feels she is strong enough for it. I will keep you posted. As always, my mom has an outstanding attitude, and is a perfect patient, even the nurses rave about her disposition! Thanks again for your prayers, and please keep them coming. Send me a comment so I know you read the latest...and I will share them with my mom!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hello all! Denise, it was so good to hear your voice tonight, although it was unfortunately such distressing news for me hear about your wonderful mom. All of my love, prayers, positive thoughts, and get-well-super-fast wishes are being sent to you, Lorraine!!! Great big hugs to everyone!!! I'll check in very soon. Denise, please take good of yourself, too.
We love you!
-Kim

Kim said...

Just another posting, real quick! I wanted to comment on all of the fun pictures of the kids with their new and exciting treasures - they were enjoyable to see. Kyle, I can't wait to hear you blow us all away on your new cool electric guitar! And Ashlyn, you are just a girl after my heart with your new gorgeous horse to play with, wow!
Love, Kim

Kim said...

Hi everyone,
just checking in to see how your mom is doing, Denise. I prayed for her all day, and my parents are doing the same. We love you,
-Kim
Please give your mom all my love, and a huge hug!

Tyler Faires said...

Denise, I just read your blogs concerning your mom. I had not checked your blog spot the last week and am so glad you sent an e-mail as well.
Please give your mom our hugs, and know that our prayers and encouragement are with you today and in the days to come.
I will continue to read the updates as this is how far I have gotten so far.
Love you all! Remember that God is our strength an ever-present help in trouble.
Will write more soon!
Kim