The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The new "Blogger" Grandma Lorraine!

Hello from Lorraine! I've been trying to post a blog entry, and have lost the past two entries in cyber-space. Third time will be “charmed” I know! We lost everything, (Harry’s own words when the electrical system went dead on a 4th of July flight!) At any rate, my blog entry today deals with food and pampering.

Today I got a hair cut and that felt awesome. So far no hair loss, but it will be happening. When I was on chemo before, my hair really thinned out, but I never wore my wig. This time I definitely will because my head really gets cold here. Annette, thanks for sending the hats and Lisa thanks for the scarves. Both are appreciated. Back to beauty treatments—now I’ve had my pedicure, nails, a massage, hair cut, brows done, and I feel like a new woman!

Barb, thank you so much for your offer to make the cake for the luau! You don’t know how special that makes me feel. Speaking of food, thanks Beth for the prune cake on my birthday! I loved it, and now that it was on the blog it has gotten notoriety! I shared a piece with my radiation nurses (one that had it before and loved it) and Collette, your hand dipped chocolate covered prunes also were a hit. I had my friend Annette send me the ones I got at the boutique and took some for the gals to try. They loved them.

To my stampin buddies, I wanted to pass on to you that I met a gal who does Stamin' Up. Many thanks Michelle for the nice dinner, and also the set of thank you notes. Michelle’s friends are having a stamp camp on Feb. 2nd and I want to sign up! Looking forward to more ideas. She also does Creative Memories and will be a great resource since Annette and Sheri sent all my supplies. Now I have all my "stuff" to work on my Japan album! Love you guys! My Women’s Guild is having a Mass said for me at Sacred Heart Church on Feb 2nd and Denise and I will go to Mass here at 5 pm. The church is having a Mardi Gras dinner that night as well. It will be a fun filled day. I appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, notes, cards, blog comments, phone calls, e-mails, etc... and am looking forward to seeing all of you on Feb. 24th!

Aloha, Lorraine

No comments: