The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, January 18, 2008

The cat's retreat!


The cat has finally had enough...we found him huddled in this space above the kitchen cabinets! No more barking dogs, screaming kids, ringing doorbells, doors knocking, therapists talking, or clanging canes...the cat will just hide out up here! Hmmm...I wonder if I will need to call the fire department to get him down? :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did that cat get up there? I know cats are good jumpers...but yikes, that's a tight spot!

Good to hear from you Lorraine on your Blog! Isn't technology wonderful!

Yes, Denise is a Wonderful daughter. You are blessed to have her. I am blessed to have her as my good friend!

Laura & Family

Kim said...

Hilarious! Great shot, Denise! Looks like she's not planning to come down anytime soon!
love, kim l.

Anonymous said...

Aren't cats amazing? Just as the two of you are. As others have commented, we are all just so inspired by the both of you!

This is also my first experience "blogging". Being able to keep in touch and updated has been wonderful and so very uplifting.

It was good talking to you again yesterday, Lorraine. You sound great. Keep up that great effort and enthusiasm.

We are all looking forward to the luau so very much!

Kay

Anonymous said...

I have had the hardest time getting in touch, Lorraine.. Then someone told me I could type in ananymous... Can you use your old e-mail address??

Of course, I am so sad about your health problems, but I admire the great way you are handling everything... I am going to stop crying, as you have.. and I am looking forward to seeing you at the luau in February...

I love all the jkpictures, you look great, and the cat is amazing.. Thinking of you, Mary

Anonymous said...

I have had the hardest time getting in touch, Lorraine.. Then someone told me I could type in ananymous... Can you use your old e-mail address??

Of course, I am so sad about your health problems, but I admire the great way you are handling everything... I am going to stop crying, as you have.. and I am looking forward to seeing you at the luau in February...

I love all the jkpictures, you look great, and the cat is amazing.. Thinking of you, Mary