The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Live from California!


I told a little fib in the entry below. Actually it was a half truth, but it was truly for a good cause! Tom, my mom, and the kids will be in Estes Park this weekend, but I will not because I am writing to you live from my friend Charlene Wiley's home! I had planned this surprise birthday visit a few months ago with Charlene's husband. After my mom's diagnosis, I wasn't sure if it would still happen. My mom has been doing so well that her and Tom insisted I go, so I did!


I arrived last night and have had a wonderful time staying over at my friend Laura's, celebrating Charlene, visiting with friends, shopping, and eating lots of good food! I will fill you in on all the details and post more pictures when I return, but for now we are off to a nice dinner at the Basil Leaf Cafe in Danville!


Here are all the ladies at Charlene's party this afternoon...Me, Diane, Laraine, Charlene, and Charlene's sister Jessie! Happy Birthday Charlene!

No comments: