The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, January 28, 2008

Dublin Darlings


Here are two special ladies I was fortuante enough to see on my trip! Judy is on the left and we worked together at St. Ryamond School during the years I had her two sons in my 3rd grade class! Judy was also instrumental in getting us into our home in Dublin on Santo Court. She was a huge help and a wonderful neighbor inviting me over for girl talks, shopping and jewelry making, and the most relaxing of all...hot tub soaking with strawberry daiquiris! :-)


Sofia is on the right and this is her home where the picture was taken. Sofia took care of Kyle for me when he was an infant...ALL day, every day during my last semester teaching 3rd grade. I was so torn leaving my little baby each day to go to work, but Sofia took such excellent care of him that I had peace of mind he was in the best hands! At the end of the semester I decided to leave my job to take care of Kyle, and Sofia moved back to the east coast. I cried for days when she left! BUT, she moved back, and became a big part of our lives again watching our kiddos, helping with parties and First Communion party planning! She helped decorate our home when we moved in, as well as helped us stage it and prepare it for sale when we moved! She is a very talented decorator, so if you live in the Dublin area, I can set you up with her!


These two friends are keepers, and it was wonderful to catch up on each other lives once again!! Thank you Judy and Sofia!!! :-)

1 comment:

Kim said...

So glad you shared with everyone the great weekend you had in Dublin, Denise! It is wonderful that you took advantage of the plans and went and connected with your life friends! From Tom's post it looks like he, your mom and the kids did just fine too!
As always thank you for keeping us all connected with the Koffords/Johnsons on this journey!
Love you-
Kim