The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, January 21, 2008

Grandma's First Day in the Snow


We awoke this morning to a few inches of snow and it is still softly falling! When we moved from California we weren't sure how we would do living with snow, but now we can't get enough! Each day we hope it will snow and are disappointed when it doesn't!


The kids are off from school today, and my mom has 3 appointments this morning through early afternoon. Since I can't leave the kids alone, and children in an oncology department where patients can't be exposed to germs are not a good mix, we have a helper for my mom this morning. Her "caregiver" today is a nice gal named, Stephanie, who will take my mom to all her appointments. The hospital has a neat organization they recommended where "caregivers" come to your home and will assist with everything from driving on errands, to self care, to helping with cooking and even scrapbooking! The photo is of Stephanie and my mom out in the snow on their way out to appointments. I shoveled the driveway and the sidewalk this morning in hope of lessening my mom's risk of falling on the ice. She is armed with hiking boots, gloves, and a sturdy helper!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, I've enjoyed reading your blog!

I was just thinking about Roomba, the robotic carpet cleaner. I imagine Roscoe and Terra Bella really have a good time watching Roomba work and have a lot to say to her! And, Raspberry - well, I imagine she's way up high in her safe little tight spot!!

Enjoy your walks in the snow, scrapbooking, airplane and spitwad making, reading of good books together, playing piano and guitar, feasting on chocolate-covered prunes, and watching Roomba work!!!

Aloha,
Beth :o)