The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hello from 25 degree Colorado!

Oh it is a cold morning here today! We woke up to a frosty morning of bus stop duty, and already there is snow on the mountains...soon it will be down to our elevation (5000 ft.) and it will be time to take out the snow pants! It has been a busy week and I will post photos soon of all the week's happenings. It is all busy, fun, family/kids 'stuff', but sometimes it all seems so insignificant compared to what my mom is facing. I feel frivolous posting of such things, when I know that the coming months will bring such heartache, and that sadness has been settling in for me. Ultimately, I know my mom wants us to continue moving forward and not get 'stuck' in this sadness, but as next week marks the 2 year anniv. of my dad's passing, I am feeling 'stuck' in that grief. For now I am off to help in Ashlyn's classroom, and then to join a new friend for lunch, so that will surely be a little "pick me up" today! Tomorrow is our second "Enrichment Friday" so I will let you know how that goes too...it should be a lot of fun...think scooping pumpkin pulp, and making flying ghosts! Smiles! :-)

6 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

You put this so well, Denise. I know that the day to day may not seem so significant in the wake of what is going on with your mom, but the ironic thing is, all of these "little" things are incredibly important because they mean you are living fully, taking in the moment, enjoying it all. This is exactly what you should be doing b/c none of us knows what the future holds. And I am sorry that this is such a sad time - let the sadness come, feel it's importance for you. Love, Beth

Melissa said...

I am sorry you are sad. I don't pretend to know what you are going through, but know that you are not alone, my thoughts are with you.

Sue said...

Denise,
You handle what you are going through with grace as does your mom. Continue to enjoy the moment, but never forget to look back at how you got where you are. It's all part of life.

Love,
Sue

Lorri said...

thanks for sharing your heart with us...I pray for you and your mom especially with the anniversary of your dad's passing.

Sending a hug...Love, Lorri

stefanie said...

So glad that you ARE living your 'daily' life in the midst of your sadness. Your family needs you in the present, the future will be here soon enough, and then you will be ready to live there. Sounds corny, I know, but I hope you can get what I mean behind these inadequate words.

Ingineer66 said...

25 Degrees BRRRR. It has been like 87 here. I have to run the AC in the car.