The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Book Worms" at an early age!

The author as a little girl living in sunny southern California.

She was happy, she was loved.

This little girl loved to read.

And so does this one...

She is happy, she too is loved.

Perhaps she will be a teacher like her mother, grandmother, grandfather, and great grandmother? I should mention that they were all avid readers! Time will tell what this little girl will become. As long as she knows she is loved, like the little California girl 40 years ago, I suppose nothing else could matter much at all! :-)

6 comments:

stefanie said...

Wow, the bangs and pony tails and books. What family resemblance!

Kim said...

I really love it when you put in older pictures with the new. You are a great blogger my friend! From an avid book reader myself I say "way to go, Ashlyn!"

Sue said...

Love is the greatest of all... reading is pretty cool as well. :-)
Go Ashlyn!!

Kim said...

You brought back sweet memories of reading as a little girl! I loved the pictures!
-kim l.

Anonymous said...

A agree with my mom, I really enjoyed the pictures of you. You can see the resemblence in all three generations between Grandma Lorraine, you, and Ashlyn. Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
I have been enjoying seeing all the wonderful pictures from when you were little. Thanks for sharing! What a resemblance between you, your Mom and Ashlyn! Beauty sure runs in your family!!!