The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, May 30, 2008

First Week of Summer Vacation!


It's only been one week since the kids have been home, and already I am behind on the groceries, laundry, and the blog! HA HA I took for granted how much I could get done in a day when the house was quiet and everyone was at school! This week has been filled with appointments, activties, and keeping the kiddo's busy!

Today Ashlyn had her National Piano Guild Auditions, and she successfully memorized and performed 6 pieces to play in front of the judge today. She was nervous but excited to have mastered this skill. It brought back memories for me when I too took part in the Guild Auditions when I was younger...much younger! Of course knowing a certificate, special pin, and awards are given, were extra incentive for Ashlyn! Ü

Afterwards we took Ashlyn and her special friend Caitlyn up to Build-A-Bear and ColdStone Creamery for a treat. The girls had fun creating new furry friends, and it was a nice way to end the week. Kyle stayed back, but tomorrow he has a pool party to attend. This will be his first middle school party, so he is looking forward to having time with several friends at their beginning-of-summer-kick-off-party.

I've also been preparing for 4 tutoring students that will all begin next week. It has been a year since I last tutored, so I dug out all my teaching boxes, games, and lesson plans, and have been knee deep in preparations. It will be fun to work with students again, and the 4 that I have are all friends of Ashlyn's, so I will have a nice group of girls to do 1st Grade Reading and Math with!

Let us know how you are all doing...the blog is so one sided, and unless you have one too, we are out of the loop on your family news! Stay in touch, we'd love to hear from you! Happy Summer! Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your first week of Summer Vacation went well. I'm also glad to hear you are starting up tutoring again as you are so good at it! The boy's miss you as their tutor.

Wish you were here in the Bay Area, I just heard Wells Middle School is looking for a Tutor for 1st & 2nd periods and St. Raymond's is also looking for a Tutor. Either of those jobs would have been great for you!

Love to All!

Laura