The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, May 12, 2008

AAUW Scholarship Tea







My mom is involved in the group AAUW (American Association of University Women) and each year they host a scholarship tea for several recipients. My mom has had an active part in the tea each year. This year, with the tea falling on Mother's Day, my mom purchased a table for 6 of us, and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon! My mom, myself, my friend Kim, her mother Linda, my mom's neighbor Linda, and our friend Crystal were all able to attend. We enjoyed tea, sandwhiches, desserts,and darling handpainted miniature tea cups to take home. The event was held at the Kelly Griggs Museum in Red Bluff, and our group was fortunate enough to get a privately led tour of the historic home. You can see the beautiful wallpaper and artifacts in some of the photos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos on your BLOG about the weekend. I was so happy that you were able to make it for the weekend. A wonderful time was had by all. I hope you had a little time to spend with your family. I love you, Mom

Kim said...

Denise and Lorraine you both look wonderful in the blog of your Mother's Day events. Such beautiful women with hearts bigger than the whole world. Happy Mother's Day to both of you!