The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, May 16, 2008

Kyle's Spring Orchestra Concert



Kyle played in his last concert of the year with the 6th grade orchestra. He will keep up the violin next year, and continue on with orchestra in 7th grade. He was excited to learn that 7th graders can play guitar for music class, so that will be on his schedule next year too. While I was away in CA, he played in his first guitar showcase at the music store where he takes lessons. He played, "Iron Man" for a small group with his instructor, and did a solo portion that brought him much anxiety. What a relief to have it mastered and done! Here are the orchestra photos from this week.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Kyle is looking so grown up and handsome. How exciting that he will begin to do guitar in the orchestra next year too! Tyler started on guitar as well and now can play almost any instrument he sets his hand to. It is a great hobby!

Denise, thank you for the sweet comments on my blog as well. I will try out your tips as well. I have so much to aspire to when I see the amazing job you do with "the Koffords in Colorado". You inspire me.

Kim said...

I used "as well" in two sentences in a row. How silly of me. My apologies!