The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Aunts Come to Visit!


The kids with their great aunts in Boulder
Pretty tulips along Pearl Street

My aunts Beth and Sylvia with niece Denise

Making music together; Kyle and Beth played guitars together, and Beth brought Native American flutes for the kids. Kyle learned several songs which I will post a video of soon!

My two aunts Sylvia and Beth, came all the way from Southern California to spend the weekend with us! Tom was out of town on his annual "guys-get-away" (pictures soon) and so Beth and Sylvia flew out to spend time with us, and keep us company! We enjoyed the weekend sightseeing, enjoying good food, playing lots of music, and catching up! Beth and Sylvia are my dad's two sisters, and they were such an important part of my life growing up. I love them both dearly, and it is so heartwarming to see our children fall in love with them the same way! Thanks for coming out to see us ladies, and thank you for spending such quality time with the children! They were so sad to say, "Goodbye!" (And so was I!)

No comments: