The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's that time of the year again...


Our "Brownie" Ashlyn!

Cookies...cookies, cookies! You all so kindly supported us last year during this wonderful time of year...I know you are on cookie overload, and if you were like my mom, you may still have cookies in your freezer from last year! Perhaps, you have started a New Year's Resolution and are off cookies for good, or perhaps...just maybe, you may still have room in your cupboards and tummy for another box of Girl Scout cookies! :-)

Ashlyn's Brownie Troop is once again participating in the number one fundraiser for Girl Scouts; cookies sales! The cookies are $3.25 per box, and if you would be so kind as to purchase a box or two, we will ship them to you for FREE! :-) If you would like to support Girl Scouts, but do not care for any cookies, another option her troop is offering, would be to purchase a box or two which would be donated to the homeless shelter, and single mom's organizations around the community.


Ashlyn has worked hard to earn all the badges on her vest...she is off to sell cookies in a few minutes, but since we were out of town during the selling week, all of our neighbors have already purchased! She is not giving up though, it just means Ashlyn will have to work harder and walk further to find neighborhoods in need of cookies! :-) If you are interested in supporting Girl Scouts through cookie sales, please leave a comment or e-mail us at apple926@q.com. We will be sure that your cookies are delivered directly to you, or donated to a worthy cause. Thank you!

Varieties of cookies available:

Lemon Chalet Cremes: Cinnamon ginger spice and a refreshing zesty lemon creme filling. (Ashlyn's favorite!)

Sugar Free Chocolate Chip: A classic favorite now sugar free!

Trefoils: Delicate tasting shortbread cookies

Do-Si-Dos: Crisp and crunchy oatmeal cookies with a creamy peanut butter filling.

Somoas: Tender vanilla cookies covered with caramel, rolled in otasted coconut, and striped with a rich chocolatey coating.

NEW:
Dulce De Leche: Sweet, indulgent, Latin American inspired cookies are rich with milk caramel chips and stripes.

Tagalongs: Tastey cookies with creamy peanut butter and covered with a luscious chocolatey coating. (Denise's favorite!)

Thin Mints: Classic thin wafer covered with a smooth chocolatey coating made with natural pepppermint. (These were Grandma Lorraine's favorite...she bought 20 boxes last year, and still had one in her freezer last week when we were there!)

Each box is $3.25 and we will ship to you for FREE! BIG THANKS from Ashlyn, and for helping support Troop #710 in Colorado! :-)

P.S. I am still working on posting the eulogy...if it cannot be condensed to fit on the blog, you can always e-mail me and I will gladly send it to you! My mom was always so tickled to hear about the readers who were following her story, and I just wanted to tell you again how much she appreciated your support, prayers and encouragement!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I am now STARVING! Girl Scout cookies are the BEST!

Unknown said...

Denise..how much does it cost to mail a box? My 10 yr old is selling too... and I hesitate even asking out of state people! lol Good Luck selling...our boxes are 3.50!

Sue said...

I'm going to buy some... when do you need my order? Oh I'm so excited!!

Unknown said...

We donated to service people that are stationed out of the country.. When we have booths we have a jar for donations...we then pick out cookies and the council helps to deliver... I like the homeless shelter idea....too

Bryce, Suzanne, David & Toby Drummond said...

Girl Scout Cookies... That's music to this pregnant ladies ears... lol

I would love to purchase some from you guys, when do you need my order? Email me and let me know and then I will get you my order.

Thanks!!

Laura said...

O.K. I am obviously living in the wrong area...I just bought 2 boxes of G.S. cookies from two different girls and I paid $4.00 per box!

I got ripped off. The price of living in the bay area I guess? Where does Beth live? haha.

I have no problem buying more boxes from Ashlyn, but I don't want you to pay for shipping Denise.

Hey, the price I save per box, I can put toward the shipping cost. haha.

Did Ashlyn ever sell the G.S. nuts??? Those are the best! The Salsa Mix...YUM!

Laura