The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, June 9, 2008

Swing set in action!




Since the time Kyle was 3 years old, I have been hounding Tom to get a swing set for the backyard. Our homes in CA never seemed to have a yard with the right lay out, but now that we have all the space in the world, only a portion of it has pretty lawn. We mulled over getting one of the big wooden structures, but for the price, and our kids ages, we will be lucky to get a year or two out of this one, so we went for the inexpensive metal set. It's not fancy, but Ashlyn would never know it. She has spent the past three days, swinging, doing tricks, sliding, and taking all of her stuffed animals for rides! :-) It truly is the little things in life that bring much joy!

Kyle and Tom took Papa Harry's Corvette for a ride yesterday, and Kyle gave it a wash before it went back in the garage. I know my dad wanted Kyle to have his beloved car, so it is special for Kyle to own it now, and await the day when he is 16 years old and can drive it!

Here are few photos of the kids in action the past few days. Tom and I are doing well and working deligently on our exercise and dietary habits. I'm down 12 lbs. now, and feeling good! Unfortunately I must have far to go, because I don't look any different than before! HA HA

Happy Monday to all far and near!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle, I'm so glad you're taking such good care of the Corvette and I know it's fun driving around it it. Papa would be proud of you. Ashlyn, I really like your swing set. It has a lot of things on it for your enjoyment and I know you're getting lots of exercise too. Denise, congratulations on your weight loss. You're reall sticking with it. Tom, I understand you're making changes too. Keep up the good work. Take care. Love, Mom