The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello from warm and wonderful California!

We made it! Ashlyn and I made it in to Sacramento yesterday evening, and had an uneventful flight; the best kind! I am writing to you from a local Starbucks as there is not a wireless connection at my moms. This is the first time I have enjoyed a Mocha Frappacino while typing a post on a lap top in a Starbucks! There is a first time for everything!

All is going well on this end...Ron and Billie, (Tom's parents) picked up Ashlyn to take her to lunch and then on to visit Great Grandma Myra, who is 95 years young! Later tonight we are going out to dinner at, "The Green Barn" for my birthday dinner. (No, it's not a real barn, but a tastey local steakhouse!)

It is nice to spend my birthday with my mom, and have this time together. There are many changes from my last visit in terms of her physical abilities, but she is a good sport, and adapts well to those limitations. I will post some photos of all of us together next time.

I am off to the grocery store, and then to run a few errands, so I will check in again this weekend and post some photos to share! Happy Friday, and don't forget to eat your apple today...Johnny Appleseed would be proud!

3 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Have a wonderful birthday dinner at the purple or green or pink barn. I love the image of you in Starbucks with your laptop!!

Melissa said...

Posting in Starbucks sounds like a dream to me...imagine, no children hanging off you leg while you attempt to string words into a sentence! Welcome to CA!

Kim said...

Some time when you are in Redding we will have to have a bloggers get together. How fun would that be. We could all sit together in Starbucks and blog on our laptops!! Or maybe just talk and enjoy each other in person, eh?

Have fun at the Green Barn. It has been many years since I have had a meal there. But it is a classic Red Bluff spot!