The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Friday, July 24, 2009

Estate Sale Update...

Remember the estate sale happening at my parents home?

Well, even with the 10 ft. U-Haul trailer of belongings I brought home to Colorado, there were still over 2,000 items that were sold at the estate sale.

The final numbers are in...the total sales from 4 preview sales and one big public sale day, amounted to $6,766.30!

After the estate sale gal's commission, that brought us a little over $4,000 for the "Apple Tree Scholarship Fund!" We were pleased with these numbers as this allows us to keep the scholarship fund alive for a few more years, thus keeping my parents memories alive in the community as well. I know the children who will benefit from the scholarship recipients are exactly what would have pleased my parents most!

The house is now up for sale, and it does feel strange to think that soon everything will be gone...my parents are gone, their things are gone, and soon their house will be gone...although I know they will never be gone from my heart, selling everything does bring a sense of finality that is difficult. But more on that later as we have company arriving today and sadness will have to wait.

Just an upate as you were all so kind to inquire and follow our story from beginning to end. Remember to live today fully, and appreciate all the people you love!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

First off {{{Denise}}} hugs! Second of all...Congrats that is amazing and I love what you are using the proceeds for...wish I lived there so I could apply for the scholarship! Third of all...have fun with you company and I bet they will be okay if you shed some tears! love ya!

Lucy Marie said...

It must feel so nice knowing that the money raised from the sale is going to such a great cause. It means that your parent's legacy will continue for years and years.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you updated, and I'm also pleased for you that the sale brought so much to your scholarship fund. As I sit in my parents office typing this I know how you are feeling. This has been a bitter sweet trip. Thinking of you, enjoy your friends visiting!

Kat said...

Denise, how woderful that the sale raised so much money for the scholarship fund. Big hugs to you and may you take much comfort in your precious memories of your beloved parents.

mommax3 said...

Congrats on such a successful sale. Hugs to you and your family. I'm sure your mom and dad would be so proud of you!! Have a great time with your company :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Big, BIG hugs to you! And I'm so proud of you, Denise. I know your mom and dad would be, too.

XO,

Sheila :-)