The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Friends! We wish you and your family wonderful memories to share together today! It is after midnight as I write on Christmas Eve...everyone is dreaming of sugar plums, and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your friendship during this entire year! It has been a year of changes and challenges, but your kind words and encouragement have been such a blessing to us! Thank you! Enjoy this special day, and know that we send lots of love and all our wishes for a healthy, happy, and joyous Christmas Day!
Today was Christmas Eve Day and we are anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival! It was a busy day for the Koffords and full of fun! Here's what we were up to...
We awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland, and had a fair amount of snow in the past few days!
Today we delivered cookies to the neighbors...
Enjoyed the beauty on our pond...
Delivered ham for 45 local police officers who are keeping our community safe on Christmas Eve...
Got dressed up to attend Christmas Eve services at church...
And fed Santa's reindeer before leaving cookies and letters for his arrival. We celebrate Jesus' birth in the morning, as well as Santa'a arrival, and wish you all a very Merry Christmas filled with joy! With love from Colorado, The Kofford Family :-)

7 comments:

Kim said...

Hope Christmas 2009 was as lovely as the day before-hand. You were busy little elves and I so enjoyed your post! May Gods gift of the baby in the manger be extra precious today.
LYLAS-Kim

glitzen said...

Merry Christmas!! I love your pics, especially your snowy pond and the kids too. What fun! I am sad that Christmas is now over (I won't go to bed, trying to hold on...lol) but its been wonderful through and through.
Love to you, my friend. Thinking of your mom, your loss, and that it seems like yesterday. Last year, on Christmas my heart was heavy thinking of what you were going through. Hugs...and continued prayers in this journey.

Faith said...

So beautiful! I truly hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! I know this season holds both happy and sad memories, so I pray that the Lord has filled your heart with joy, even when you didn't think it would be possible. Thank you for your prayers for me as well =)

Love and hugs, Faith

Stephanie Baffone said...

Hi Denise-
I saw your status on Facebook about your Mom. I am sending your loving thoughts.You know my Mom too died from a cancerous brain tumor that spread from her lungs. This year marked the 7th year w/o her cooking in the kitchen or laying out by the pool with us, reading and swimming. As I write this it brings tears to my eyes and a sudden heavy heart.
God bless your family, Denise. This is such a living way of memorializing her. My heart still hurts, some days more than others. Know I wrap you in loving thoughts and prayers, Denise. Today and always.
Bless you...and all the Koffords!
xo

Unknown said...

Hi there Denise! I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you and your family. I know that Sat. was a difficult day for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are with you as I know too well how difficult those "anniversery" days can be. May you hold dear those precious memories of your sweet mom and may they bring a smile to your face as you think of her.
Nichole

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]