The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you know where your teeth are? :-)

No, not the ones in your head silly...I'm talking about your baby teeth. :-) Where is your first tooth that isn't much bigger than a few grains of rice? How about your molars and eye teeth? Are they hidden in your mother's drawer? Maybe we were an odd family, but my mother saved all my teeth in her dresser! I too have now saved every tooth our children have lost, and as each child learns the 'truth' about the tooth fairy, he and she will get to see all those long lost teeth! Some came out easily and some were trauma-filled, especially those the dentist had to pull! My mom saved all my teeth in an vitamin bottle. I remember once I learned about the Tooth Fairy, I was given access to the mystery bottle which held years of secrets and surely at least $20 worth of teeth! (Today's child must receive $50 plus for 13 years worth of lost teeth! :-)
Check out the wisdom teeth my mom saved...now that is a whopper of a chomper! hee hee

Kyle has seen his secret stash of teeth, but as far as Ashlyn is concerned, the "Tooth Fairy" has used all her donations for castles and tooth filled sidewalks like the book we have explains!
Do you know where your teeth are, and have you saved your children's? Or, perhaps I'm just a little weird saving these little treasures! :-)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think my mom kept our baby teeth.
I have most of my kids teeth, but I just kept them all together, I guess I wasn't sentimental enough to separate them. ugh...lol.
Once for a science experiment Adrienne used some baby teeth to see what destroys teeth faster, coke, coffee or tea, just so you know, Coke is awful for your teeth...LOL. We had to tell Nick that we got the teeth from our dentist......he was small, he believed us....LOL!

Unknown said...

Ummmm... ours are in a landfill somewhere...never thought of keeping them! I can't even really look at them once they pop put of the mouth!

Emily said...

I do not know where mine are, but I do have both of my kids' teeth stashed away in my dresser! I remember saving my wisdom teeth when they were pulled but cannot remember where they are. I think I left them at my parents house when I moved out. The roots were are twisted and narly looking. OUCH! NOt a fun extraction :)

This and That said...

I kept them for a while... but after a few years wondered what on earth for. I don't have them any longer!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

My mother kept mine in a little box in her dresser, but somewhere along the line they disappeared. However, I do still have my wisdom teeth! Maybe that's why I can still spell! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sofia Striffler said...

Ok, no I didn't save all my children teeth I do have some but I don't even know who is who's. Bob always did the money so he would just take the envelope and put it in his dresser. I'm not sure if that is wierd or not but to show it might be a little!! HA HA Love you

stefanie said...

Oh, that wisdom tooth is something! Mo just had hers out a couple of weeks ago, so I showed her what yours looks like. Now she knows why it hurt so much.

I had some of mine for many years, but I don't know what happened to them. I think I have the girls' firsts somewhere...

Love that vintage bottle!

Kim said...

that bottle is a classic and such a great way to save them. I saved some of my kids teeth but I'm not really sure why. I'm not sure whose are whose any longer. :-)

mommax3 said...

My grandmother kept all my moms and aunts teeth in a tiny embroidered bag in the top drawer of her dresser! I use to look at them when I was a little girl. After Grammie passed away they went to my mom in the same little bag.

I do have my oldest daughters teeth. But she still believes in the tooth fairy so they are hidden :)

Taryn said...

Oh- so cute! My mom still has my teeth in her dresser drawer in a little pill box. It was so weird to see that she had saved them. But I am happy she did.

Amanda Herrold said...

I haven't saved one single tooth and other Moms shame me for it! :) But, I'm a Lazy Mom. Why in the world would a Lazy Mom save teeth? By the way, I tagged you in my personal blog!