The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Calling all crafty friends...and wanna be's, like me!

You know who you are...those talented women who sew their own valances, shop yard sales and can turn an old dresser into a masterpiece...I have found a website that both you will enjoy, and wanna-be's like myself. Check out: http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com. (See the blinkie link on the right.)

This gal is so creative and has decorated her home using scraps of remnant fabric and flea market finds. My favorite link was to how she made drapes and valances for her home using only a hot glue gun, upholstery tacks, clips, and black spray paint.

Every valance in our last two homes was loving made by my mother in law Billie, but now that we are in Colorado, and she is all the way in California, I am on my own! Besides the little roman shades to block sunlight when needed, we still don't have one fabric treatment on our windows. (A daunting task considering there are over 50 windows in this house! Yikes!)

After checking out the Nesting Place website, I am motivated to shop my favorite vintage store for fabric, and fire up my glue gun...check back for what masterpieces I create! hee hee

Ideas anyone?


No comments: