The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wishing you April showers and May flowers!

Photobucket

Today was a busy day filled with school, work, riding lessons, Brownies, and all the other fun things a busy household accomplishes each day! Busy days though, often lead me to not be as observant as I should be. During Ashlyn's riding lesson, the wind was just howling, and the dust flying around her eyes made it difficult to work on balance, etc...She was a good sport though, and didn't complain. We rushed home for dinner, (Yes, it was healthy,and low fat, I'm trying! :-) Ashlyn kept putting her head down during dinner, but I still didn't suspect anything brewing. Next we were off to Ashlyn's Brownie meeting, where she was teary eyed and extra sensitive. I thought she was just being dramatic, as is often the case when one is 7 years old! :-)

Afterwards, when we got home, the wind stopped and the weather was so nice outside. I insisted the kids go ride their bikes around the court to get some fresh air and steer away from the TV. When I called them in, poor Ashlyn had a 101.7 fever. She said, "I just wanted to do as you said Mom, and stay outside!" Oh, did I ever feel terrible. I had one of those "bad mommy moments" as I call them! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Please keep us updated on YOU, and stay healthy! Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute spring flowers animation on the blog. How is Ashlyn feeling today? Poor thing...I hope she's not coming down with something and hopes she feels better soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We hope Ashlyn is feeling better today! We all have those crazy days, so don't feel bad Denise. Keep us posted on Ashlyn. I love the cute Spring Flowers too!

Love,
Charlene

Kim said...

Our thoughts are with Ashlyn as she isn't feeling up to par. It seems like school is a great place to pass things around...aka:sickness. All of you teachers know that is a fact. Get well soon, OK?