The Kofford Family relocates to Colorado after 40 years as Californians. In December of 2007, Grandma Lorraine is diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. Sadly, she passed away on Dec. 26th, 2008 after a year long courageous battle. Follow our journey as we keep Lorraine's memory alive, and as we learn to appreciate that each day we are given, is a gift to be enjoyed!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robertson

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

News of the day...the cardiologist said my mom's heart sounds strong, which is a big relief after the scare on Christmas Day with all the fluid around her heart. She will need to do several tests including a chest X-ray, EKG, more blood work, an MRI, etc...before leaving Colorado. Today was Day #26 for chemotherapy and Day #22 of radiation treatments so she is excited to see the end in sight. I have had a sore throat today, so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't get any worse, as I am afraid our "house of cards" will come tumbling down if I am out of commission. I am taking off now for our evening shift of sports, music, and a church service for my mom. When you have time, check out the Helping Hands web site, www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/602481. and let us know if you may be able to provide a ride to an appointment, or share a meal with my mom. The most urgent need is a big favor we wanted to ask of someone in the Red Bluff area. If you would be willing to pick up a few groceries for when my mom arrives on the 16th, it would save us a trip to the grocery store for a few days. Since she has been here in Colorado for 2 months, the cupboards are bare in California! hee hee If you can assist us, we will send you a grocery list and $$ for the items. More details are on the helping hands site. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Lorraine,
I just returned from voting - it just wasn't the same without you there!
I'd be glad to pick up some groceries for your bare cupboards. Just let me know.
Love,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Lorraine, I would be happy to help as well. How about a warm house too! Any other wishes for your homecoming? Just send me a list.

I am thrilled everything is going so well for you!